FOC 80th Anniversary Challenge
The First Class CW Operators' Club celebrates its 80th anniversary this year. Members of FOC will be active throughout the month of May 2018, with many special callsigns containing the number "80". Join us on the bands and work as many FOC members as you can to earn a place on the 80th Anniversary Challenge Leaderboard!
Your rank in the leaderboard determines the award you are eligible to claim. The thresholds are as follows:
Top 80: gold award, Top 400: silver award, Top 800: bronze award
Need help finding FOC members on the air? You could try using the DJ1YFK (RBN) or G7VJR (Cluster) web sites.
For further details about the Club, its aims and this award scheme, please visit https://www.g4foc.org/foc80. Good luck!
Summary of the Challenge rules
- The challenge starts at 00:00:00 on 1 May 2018 and ends at 23:59:59 on 31 May 2018
- Points are scored by making CW QSOs with FOC members, once on each band
- Special callsigns containing the number 80 count for 10 points per band
- Special callsigns containing "FOC" count for 5 points per band (at most, 10 points if they contain "80")
- All other QSOs with FOC members count for 1 point per band
- Duplicate QSOs, contacts between FOC members and Club Log DXpedition QSOs are excluded
- The leaderboard stops at 800 entrants
- Log uploads up to 1200Z on 15 June 2018 will be included, after which the leaderboard will be finalised.